Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Gift of Giving

The boys and I were wondering around the mall today and we walked by the Salvation Army Christmas Angel trees. Caden was very curious about the trees so I took the opportunity to teach him a little but about giving to those less fortunate. So, we picked an angel - Batista - a little 2 yr old boy. I figured I could handle buying gifts for a boy. It took Caden a bit to get the idea of buying for someone other than himself, but in the end I think he enjoyed himself. Hopefully he's learned a thing or two about giving to those in need.


Our Angel


The Trees - there were so many to choose from! Sometimes I wish I could do them all.


My messy boys in front of the Salvation Army table.


Caden helping the lady put the gifts in the bag!

Merry Christmas little Angel!

1 comment:

Sara said...

This is so wonderful and such a great idea. I tried this with Griff as we were leaving Sam's Club and gave him money to put in the red kettle, it took him a minute to realized that he had to put it inside the kettle instead of his pocket. But he lit up when he put it in and worker with bell said thank you...I think that at this moment in time it is so important to give :)