Sunday, September 7, 2008

When Mommy and Daddy are sleeping...

My kids are morning people. They have always been. Caden is usually up and ready to go by 6 sometimes earlier and Keegan is always up by 5:30. It's not too big of a deal, but every now and then I just crave that extra hour of sleep. Saturday morning I was able to get Keegan to go back down after he got up at his normal 5:30. I can't tell you how excited I was to be able to jump back in bed. That was until Caden got up. He was playing with cereal and watching TV, so I decided it was safe to stay in bed. NOPE!!! My sweet boy found a permanent marker and decided to color himself into a monster! Yes, a monster.


Here he is showing off being a monster. I already started scrubbing his one arm when Jay reminded me that I should document it.


A closer look at the coloring..


He was so proud to put it on his lips.


After scolding him and scrubbing him clean I sent him to the naught spot. When he was done I was talking to him about what he did wrong and that's when he informed me that he colored the couch too.

Yes, our nice tan leather couches are now decorated with black permanent marker. I've been scrubbing for a while now and it's slightly faded, but definitely still there. Surprisingly, sunscreen has worked the best so I'm hoping it will continue working as I scrub to get it off.

Oh the joys of kids..

9 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

ooooh----HOLY COW!!! a MONSTER...i was laughing about that...and then scrolled down to the COUCH...oh my gosh jenny you said nothing about being MAD...i think i'd be so mad!!! i hope it comes out!!! :) crazy childrens! (gotta give em credit for imagination though!!)

Jami said...

Your poor couch! I'd try the Dry Eraser thing to see if you can get it off... But I'd check the back of the box since I'm not sure if it's safe on leather, but it can get just about anything off... My fingers are crossed for your couch. :0/ If anything, GO SUNSCREEN! At least the leather will smell good??? Trying here, but furniture artwork is just Grrr.

And I think the added mustach was my favorite marker masterpiece. You should put a barret on him (the hat, not hair accessory) and give him a paint brush. He looks like he should have an Italian accent or something! HA HA. Oh, the e-mail of the kid duct taped to the wall comes to mind for the extra hour of sleep in the morning... If only we could REALLY get away with that and some cartoons. HA HA HA.

Jami said...

Why did I say "Dry Eraser"??? I meant the MAGIC Eraser... Might make a TAD bit of a difference. ;0)

Brian and Jessica said...

I am thankful for the throw up on my couch your kid blessed me with now that I've seen this! ;) Although he colored himself well!

Amity said...

OMG! Look at what I get to look forward too when I finally have children...good times! Thanks for the laugh! I hope you are laughing by now! Just think of the stories you will get to tell future girlfriends!

To clean the couches - did you check the Queen of Clean...my mom loves that lady. Best of luck getting that off...

Anonymous said...

This is when I just shake my head and say it's a good thing he is cute! LOL! And remind yourself that he is REALLY REALLY cute about now!!

hdawgy said...

Oh my gosh Jenny that is hilarious! I hope you get it off your couch! I love how he made himself a monster! Very creative! haha Now you know not to stay in bed!

janine said...

at least he was artistic in his approach :)

The Gray Family said...

I was reading this and thinking that at least he kept it on himself instead of on the walls or furniture, and then I saw the couch pics....so sorry! That is one of those things that you laugh about until it's your kid that does it....I can't believe your kids wake up that early! i complain about getting up at 7, so maybe I will be quiet now :>)