Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another Year...

I'm another year older today and I don't really feel it. Well, actually some days I do feel old, but not today! My birthday started yesterday when Jay decided to give me my present. Last night I was cutting cake for Caden when Jay came in room with this goofy grin on his face. Well, behind his back he was holding this.... The Blackberry Pearl that I have been wanting.. I was in shock - especially since I know how much Verizon charges for these phones. He said it was between the phone and a new Coach purse and he didn't see the purse as an investment like he did the phone (such a practical man!). I absolutely love my phone. He activated everything last night so that I would be able to use it today! Thanks babe - I love it! You are the absolute best ever!!!
Here's the cake Caden and I made. I thought it would be a fun Mommy/Son activity. He decorated so nicely. He loved licking the spoon and eating the frosting - the only part he'll eat..
Today we went on a trip to Mesa to play and visit with a friend. Here is Caden at the church building across the street from the Temple. The grass there was absolutely beautiful and Caden took full advantage. He had a blast running everywhere trying to get the birdies.
His oh so famous CHEESE smile.. It cracks me up every time I see it.
The park across the street from the Temple was irrigated, but Caden enjoyed throwing rocks into the water and climbing on this rock structure.
I was trying to take a picture of Keegan and I, but it didn't work out very well.
There's my little man sleeping soundly. He loves this Baby Bjorn thing (thanks Jami - you are truly a life saver!!) This kid absolutely hates his car seat. The second he is put in it he starts crying. Car rides are so much fun now!!
Still trying to get a picture of Keegan and I. After playing at the park we met up with Kristina and had lunch at Burger King. Caden was in heaven playing and I loved it because there were no other kids there. We had the play thing all to ourselves. It was so nice -Caden just ran all over the place and I didn't have to worry about any other kids pushing or hitting him (this happens quite a bit to us!)

All in all, I've had such a great birthday. I can't believe how fast time flies. But this past year has given me so much. I have the best husband in the world. He is so good to me and I wouldn't be the person I am today without him. I have the two most beautiful boys ever and they have taught me so much about myself and life. I couldn't imagine a better life for me or my family!!

6 comments:

Brian and Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day!! Those pictures of you and Keegan are cute!! And Caden is always adorable!!

Stefany Pew said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm a day late now but still.....happy birthday! that cake you and Caden made is so cute! Those are the best kinds of creations. Keegan is getting so big! What a handsome little man!

Gates & Tausha said...

happy belated!!!! great gift, and i LOVE the colorful cake! I had NO idea there was a park across from the temple...awesome! glad your day was great!!!! :)

Sara said...

Happy Birthday indeed...Looks like you had a delicious one...birthdays change when you have kids...but in such a great way!

Jami said...

I can't believe I haven't commented on this post! I LOVE the phone Jay got you! He's just scoring points all over the place! And you're welcome for the Bjorn. I'm glad Keegan likes it. Having a busy toddler and a baby makes life in public very hard so the baby snugglies are a major necessity!

I'm supposed to go tour the school I want Brooklin to go to on Thursday morning, but I'll keep you posted on that one about the time. I may still be able to hang with you after I get back so I'm thinking it may be a go! YAY. :0)

meredith said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for having fun last weekend...you guys are the best!