Friday, September 18, 2009

How sweet it is....

Our house has been, shall we say, out of whack lately. A few weeks ago Jay broke his collar bone and it definitely threw a wrench in our daily routine. He's been hanging out at home for the last three weeks and I think both of us are ready for him to go back to work. He's getting stir crazy and I'm ready to get back into our routine. Not that I don't LOVE having him at home all day!! But it's not like he can do chores and things around the house while he's home. His shoulder/arm hurts like crazy and moving around just makes it worse. It doesn't help that the boys still try and rough house with him too.. He's slowly starting to heal and feel like moving around isn't going to kill him. So, last night after dinner we decided to take the boys on a walk around the block. I can't even begin to explain how AMAZING a walk around the block with my family was! Caden rode his bike and Keegan just ran (literally) right behind Caden. Jay and I were actually able to hold hands and just stroll behind the boys! It's been a long time since we've been able to do that. One of us is usually holding onto a kid or two. Even though our walk only lasted one block, it was pure bliss. I felt like I was miles away from the crazy world we live in and able to recharge my ever depleting batteries..

2 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

bummer on the collar bone!!! glad you found heaven on your walk. :) not hard to please!

hdawgy said...

That is a bummer he broke his collar bone! I've heard that hurts like crap! I love family time! It's the best especially when you get to hold your hubby's hand!